POST TO POST RAILING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS(ASSEMBLED PANELS)
- Please read all instruction completely before starting any installation of our pro railing systems.
- Railing panels come assembled with top/bottom rails and balusters. Hardware sold separately.
- Rail sections come in 4ft, 6ft & 8ft.
- Posts are available in RESIDENTIAL rated (2.5” and 3.0”) and COMMERCIAL (3” .125 wall with 6 boss channels).
- Signature railings should be installed using accepted building principles in accordance with local building codes and the installation guidelines.
- Signature Post to Post railings have been tested by ATI and meets the current testing standards for IRC and IBC construction codes.
- If you have any questions, please call YOUR distributor or check their website for more install details.
- SAFETY: Always be safe and follow all instructions when using power tools and always wear safety goggles!
- Any questions? Call 800-656-4420 and ask for your railing specialist.
- Visit our website for videos and other information: www.ultrarailing.com
IMPORTANT: Consult your local building code official and check all Code Requirements
IMPORTANT: If installing post lighting, wiring must be installed prior to securing posts.
- Rubber Mallet
- 2-Speed Square
- Cordless Drill and Impact Driver
- Quick Clamp Grips
- Measuring Tape
- Miter Saw with High Tooth Count
- 13/64” Drill Bit
- #3 Screwdriver Bit
- Ratchet Set
- Portable Band Saw
HARDWARE AND PROFILES
Signature Post to Post Assembled Railing Kits include:
- Top Rail, Bottom Rail
- ¾” Square Balusters
Purchase Separately or as Bracket Kits:
- 2 – Top Drop In Brackets
- 18/8 Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Foot Block and Shoe
- 2 – Bottom Drop In Brackets
- 12 – #14-TEK T-30 Self-Cutting
Purchase the Adams Install Guide XacTemplate™ for easy and EXACT installations.
Posts not included. Fasteners for post base are not included.
Signature panels are packaged for secure and safe shipment. Rails and balusters are assembled and boxed in a 4pk box. Bracket kits are sold separately.
POST PLACEMENT AND INSTALLATION
LAYOUT THE DECK OR PATIO FOR OPTIMIZING THE BEST USE OF THE RAILING
Use speed square for placement of post and squaring flange. Mark mounting holes and pre-drill and use approved fasteners to attach the post to substrate.
IMPORTANT: Have blocking below decking and fastened to or through the blocking or substructure.
Use the APPROVED Building Code methods to attach and install the post. CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL BUILDING
Start fastening the post to deck and use supplied wedges for plumbing, if necessary. Trim wedges with utility knife, score & snap.
Flange cover is assembled. Place fingers inside, pull up and push out, then twist to separate the 2 piece flange. Snap on flange cover to the post.
LEVEL RAIL INSTALLATION
ATTACHING BRACKETS TO THE POST USING XACTEMPLATE™
Place XacTemplate™ Installation Guide on the post (sold separately – with instructions). Secure brackets by using supplied #14 TEK T-30 screws. Pre-drill and fasten, using #14 screw, backer plate to the post.
2.5” CORNER POST ALERT NOTEMANDATORY:
Use template and pre-drill holes on one side, BEFORE installing the brackets. Installing brackets on one side, before marking or pre-drilling the adjacent side, WILL PREVENT FLUSH INSTALLATION OF GUIDE TEMPLATE!
ATTACHING BRACKETS TO THE POST NOT USING XACTEMPLATE™
Place BOTTOM BRACKET, 1- 3/8” from top of post flange. Measure from bottom of INSTALLED BOTTOM BRACKET and mark at 32.5”. Draw line for placement of top bracket. Place brackets on marks, mark the holes or use bracket as template for fastening brackets. Attach all four brackets with two #14-TEK T-30 screws.
MEASURE FOR PANELS
Place the panel adjacent to the post and use speed square to transfer lines, mark and cut. Double check the length at bottom and top of posts with tape measure for square.
MOUNTING FOOT BLOCK
Foot block provided needs to be added to the center point of all sections, attach connector to bottom profile with 1-#8 1” TEK screw and install. Friction fit pre-cut foot block (2”) and place shoe on baluster. Set in place and take remaining #8 5/8” Type A screws and attach shoe to substrate (screws provided for wood or composites).
PLACE PANEL AND FINISH
Fully assembled panel is lifted and placed onto the 4 pre-installed brackets.
Use 2- #14 1” TEK T-30, screw and fasten the top rail to bracket.